The Institute's main facility is located at the Ito campus of Kyushu University and has a Satellite Institute at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
The research organization is theme-based with the director providing leadership and overall management of the Institute in consultation with its Steering Committee.
All aspects of I2CNER are reviewed annually by the External Advisory Committee and the Institute operates in accordance with the highest academic standards.
National and International Collaborations
- Active collaborations and personnel exchanges with partnering institutions.
- Establish a Satellite Institute at the University of Illinois. This Institute will serve as the hub for collaborations with other institutions in US and strengthen international research activities.
Institute Administrative Research
- The Institute Director has full authority and responsibility for setting the research directions and management of the Institute and for ensuring the quality of the research.
- Annual management and program review by the external advisory committee. The members of the committee will be drawn from the international community.
- Administration office to ensure efficient management and operation of the Institute. English is the official language.