Background of Next Generation Refrigerants
The relation between refrigerants and global environment issues was simply summarized.
CFC and HCFC, were developed as a working fluid of a refrigerating and
air-conditioning system, and contributes to our improvement in a life greatly
by the existence.
However, it is tending toward the worse global environment as if it was
regrettably in inverse proportion to our life improving.
Refrigerant is related to these two global environment issues; ozone layer depletion and global warming.
Therefore, at present, our essential duty is to develop low-ODP, low-GWP, and inflammable next generation refrigerants without toxicity.
Scheme for Development of New Refrigerants at NEXT-RP
- １． Selection of the candidate for new generation refrigerants
- Discover a new refrigerant
- ２． Measurements of thermodynamic and transport properties
- Measure its thermophysical properties with high accuracy
- I2CNER： PvT property, saturated vapor pressure, saturated density, critical point, vapor-liquid equilibrium
- Toyama Prefecutural University ： vapor-liquid equilibrium, PvT property
- Nihon University： specific heat capacity
- National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology(AIST)： speed of sound
- Nagasaki University： surface tension
- Saga University： thermal conductivity, viscosity
- ３． Establishment of equation of state
- Calculate and formulate the excellent equation of state
- Kyushu Sangyo University
- ４． Clarification of heat transfer characteristics
- Evaluate heat transfer performance
- Sagal University
- Nagasaki University
- Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology
- ５． Cycle performance test and drop-in test
- Evaluate cycle performance and conduct drop-in test
- Goal: Establishment of a fundamental technology for actual use of the next generation refrigerants
Themophysical Property Database
This thermophysical property database was collected by Prof. Higashi (Kyushu Univ.) by 2015.
New date will be added in the future.
Last modified: September 2017