The Research Center for Next Generation Refrigerant Properties (NEXT-RP) was established within I2CNER on April 1, 2016.
The objectives of this new center will be:
- Accurate evaluation of themophysical properties and fundamental performance of the heat exchange and air conditioning and refrigeration (ACR) cycle for zero-ozone depletion potential (ODP) and low-global warming potential (GWP) refrigerants
- Organizing the R&D national research group led by Khushu Univeristy
- Development of base knowledge and technology for thermophysical properties, performance of heat exchange, and the fundamentals of the ACR cycle
- Technology transfer and assistance to ACR industrial sectors
- Contirubutions to Japanese ACR industries to make them more competitive in the global market