- Keigo Kitamura
- Assistant Professor
CO2 Storage (CS) Research Division
International Institute for Carbon-Neutral Energy Research (I2CNER)
ContactOffice : #323 I2CNER, 744 Motooka, Nishi-ku, Fukuoka 819-0395 JAPAN
The Graduate University for Advanced Study
Graduate School of, Mathematical and Physical Science: Ph.D. 2004/3
Yokohama National University
School of Education: M.Ed. 2000/3
School of Education : B.Ed. 1998/3
|2011/6 - Present||Assistant Professor: International Institute for Carbon-Neutral Energy Research, Kyushu University
|2006/4 - 2011/5||Researcher, Research Institute of Innovative Technology for the Earth (RITE)
|2004/4 - 2006/3||AIST Research Staff (Postdoctoral fellow), National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
|2002/4 - 2004/3||Research fellow of JSPS (DC2): The Graduate University for Advanced Study
- Experimental researches of Rock-physics for the basic studies of Geological CCS
・Physical properties measurement of porous and cracked geological materials under in-situ condition.
・Experimental investigation of CO2 trapping mechanisms
- Development of the estimation methods for physical-and chemical-characters of formation water.
- The Geological Society of Japan
- The Seismological Society of Japan
- Society of Exploration Geophysicist of Japan
- American Geophysical Union
- Society of Exploration Geophysicist
List of publications
- Keigo Kitamura, Fei Jiang, Albert J. Valocchi, Shun Chiyonobu, Takeshi Tsuji and Kenneth T. Christensen, 2014, The study of heterogeneous two-phase flow around small-scale heterogeneity in porous sandstone by measured elastic wave velocities and LBM simulation, J. Geophys. Res. Solid Earth, 119, doi:10.1002/2014JB011281.
- Keigo Kitamura, Ziqiu Xue, Tetsuya Kogure and Osamu Nishizawa, 2014, The potential of Vp and Vp-Vs relation for the monitoring of the change of CO2-saturation in porous sandstone, International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control, 25,54-61, doi: 10.1016/j.ijggc.2014.03.013
- Keigo Kitamura,Tetsuyo Kogure, Osamu Nishizawa and Ziqiu Xue, 2013, Experimental and numerical study of residual CO2 trapping in porous sandstone, Energy Procedia, 37, 4093-4098, doi:10.1016/j.egypro.2013.06.310
- Keigo Kitamura, Ziqiu Xue, Shun Chiyonobu, Tatsuya Yamada and Osamu Nishizawa, 2012, The effect of lamina on Super Critical CO2 behavior in porous sandstone: Investigation from Elastic wave Velocity, Journal of MMIJ,128, 511-518
- Tetsuya Kogure，Keigo Kitamura, Tatsuya Yamada, Osamu Nishizawa and Ziqiu Xue, 2011, Relative Permeability of Water and Supercritical CO2 System under Steady-state Flow Conditions in Porous Sandstones, Journal of Geography, 120, 944-959.
- Keigo Kitamura, Miki Takahashi, Kazuo Mizoguchi, Koji Masuda, Hisao Ito, and Sheng-Rong Song, 2010, Effects of pressure on pore characteristics and permeability of porous rocks as estimated from seismic-wave velocities in cores from TCDP Hole-A, Geophysical Journal International, 182, 1148-1160, doi:10.1111/j.1365-246X.2010.04694.x.
- Ziqiu Xue, Jongwool Kim, Saeko Mito, Keigo Kitamura and Toshifumi Matsuoka, 2009. Detecting and Monitoring CO2 With P-Wave Velocity and Resistivity From Both Laboratory and Field Scales, SPE, doi:10.2118/126885-MS
- Ziqiu Xue, Saeko Mito, Keigo Kitamura and Toshifumi Matsuoka, 2009. Case study: trapping mechanisms at the pilot-scale CO2 injection site, Nagaoka, Japan, Enagy Procedia, 1, 2057-5062
- Miki Takahashi, Kazuo Mizoguchi, Keigo Kitamura and Koji Masuda, 2007. Effects of clay content on the frictional strength and fluid transport property of faults, Journal of Geophysical Research, 112, B08206,doi:10.1029/2006JB004678
- Kazuo Mizoguchi, Eiichi Fukuyama, Keigo Kitamura, Miki Takahashi, Koji Masuda and Kentaro Omura, 2007. Depth dependent strength of the fault gouge at the Atotsugawa fault, central Japan: A possible mechanism for its creeping motion, Physics of the earth and planetary interiors 161, 115-125.
- Keigo Kitamura, 2006. Constraint of lattice preffered orientation (LPO) on Vp anisotropy of amphibole-rich rocks. Geophysical Journal International, 165, 1058-1065, doi: 10.1111/j.1365-246X.2006.02961.x
- Keigo Kitamura, Koji Masuda, Miki Takahashi and Osamu Nishizawa, 2006. The influence of pore fluids on seismic wave velocities under high tempedcrature and high pressure conditions: Development of a new technique with gas appatus at AIST, Japan. Earth Planets Space, 58, 1515-1518.
- Keigo Kitamura and Koji Masuda, 2005. Methods for measurement of velocities of elastic-waves in rocks under high-temperature and high-pressure conditions, Journal of Geography, 114, 963-974.
- Keigo Kitamura, Masahiro Ishikawa, and Makoto Arima, 2003. Petrological model of the northern Izu-Bonin-Mariana (IBM) arc crust: Constraints from high-pressure measurements of elastic-wave velocities of the Tanzawa plutonic rocks, central Japan. Tectonophysics, 371, 213-221.
- Keigo Kitamura, Masahiro Ishikawa, Makoto Arima and Kazuyuki Shiraishi 2001. Laboratory measurements of P-wave velocity of granulites from Lutzow-Holm Complex, East Antarctica: Preliminary report. Polar Geoscience 14. 180-194.
- Keigo Kitamura. and Masahiro Ishikawa., 1998. Rock velocities at atmospheric pressure and room temperature in Tanzawa plutonic rocks from central Japan. In: Motoyoshi. Y., Shiraishi. K. (Eds.), Origin and Evolution of Continents. Memoirs of National Institute of Polar Research Spec. Issue, vol. 53, 192-202.11