On February 2, 2015, the International Institute for Carbon-Neutral Energy Research (I²CNER) organized "I²CNER Annual Symposium 2015 ~Fuel Generation and Use for the 21st Century~" at I²CNER Hall, Ito Campus of Kyushu University. The symposium was attended by 141 people, including many international guests .
After greetings by Prof. Chiharu Kubo, President of Kyushu University and Prof. Petros Sofronis, Director or I2CNER, various researchers gave presentations of their latest research outcome. The special lecture was given by Prof. Toyoki Kunitake, the awardee of the Order of Culture, and the plenary lectures were given by Prof. Kazuhito Hashimoto, The University of Tokyo and Mr. Taiyo Kawai, TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION. The symposium concluded with a poster session in which participants actively exchanged ideas concerning their research activities.
President of Kyushu University
Prof. Chiharu Kubo
Director of I2CNER
Prof. Petros Sofronis
Prof. Kazuhito Hashimoto
The University of Tokyo
Mr. Taiyo Kawai
TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION
Prof. Toyoki Kunitake
WPI Visiting Professor
- I²CNER Annual Symposium ~Fuel Generation and Use for the 21st Century~-
President of Kyushu Unviersity, Chiharu Kubo
Director of I²CNER, Petros Sofronis
- Prof. Harry Tuller, I2CNER, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
"Solar Fuels: Fundamental Questions Regarding their Generation and Use in Solid State Electrochemical Devices"
- Prof. John Kilner, I2CNER, Imperial College London
"The Gas-Solid Interface: The Final Frontier"
- Prof. Juergen Fleig, Vienna University of Technology
"Electrochemically active zones and reaction mechanisms of SOFC/SOEC electrodes"
- Prof. Tsuyohiko Fujigaya, I2CNER, Kyushu University
"Polymer-coated Carbon Nanotubes for Novel Supporting Material for Fuel Cell Electrocatalyst"
- Prof. Andrew Gewirth, I2CNER, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
"CONTROLLING OXYGEN REDUCTION REACTION KINETICS AT ELEVATED TEMPERATURES AND PRESSURES AND WITH A PROTON SWITCH"
- Prof. Toyoki Kunitake, Kitakyushu Foundation for the Advancement of Industry Science and Technology
"Bilayer Membranes and Nano-Membranes"
- Prof. Kazuhito Hashimoto, The University of Tokyo
"Towards Novel Energy Acquisition Systems ~Multiple-electron transfer catalysts for energy conversion~"
- Mr. Taiyo Kawai, TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION
"Fuel Cell Vehicle (FCV) Development and Initial Market Creation"
- Prof. Scott Barnett, Northwestern University
"High Efficiency Electrical Energy Storage Using Regenerative Solid Oxide Cells"
- Prof. Chihaya Adachi, I2CNER, Kyushu University
"Nearly 100% electron-photon conversion by using novel strategy of harvesting triplet excitons in organic light emitting devices"
- Prof. Jack Brouwer, National Fuel Cell Research Center, University of California, Irvine
"Air Quality and Greenhouse Gas Impacts of Future Power and Transportation Systems"
- Prof. Joan Ogden, University of California, Davis
"Transition Strategies for Hydrogen in the Transport Sector"
Reception & Poster Session